Friday, May 1, 2009

may 1 2009.

spring has sprung and life is crazy. i'm back to gardening a few days a week and soon the farmers market will start and i will be overwhelmed by plants and vegetables all week long - a very good thing! but that also means less time to focus on forestbound. i'm trying not to focus on that.. but rather to think about how in a few weeks i will be back to eating fresh vegetables every day. oh how i've missed my dear lacinato kale! also spring vegetables may be some of my favorite.. fiddleheads, asparagus, spinach, ramps... so much to look forward to.



those photos up there are of a bag i just finished. a new style i'm trying out.. paneled sides and some extra fabric around the zipper. i also really love this particular canvas.. i work with a lot of materials similar to this one (greenish with very old printing) but there's just something about this canvas that really gets me. that's probably why i decided to do something different and special with it!

sorry for the lack of shop updates lately dudes. i've been putting most of my bags aside for renegade but i have a few in progress that will go up in the shop soon.

i will leave you with a photo of the top section of this incredible mirror i found a few months ago. i finally got around to hanging it up a few days ago and i love being able to look at it all day while sewing away.


3 comments:

revecca said...

how am i just discovering your amazing blog????

Caroline said...

I am looking foward to fresh veggies too.
Looking foward to live .5 mile away from one of the biggest farmer market in Montreal AND getting food from my own garden and having my grandmother dumping lots of her gaden veggies by my house.

So basically you have 3 jobs huh! Gardening, farmers market and sewing! Its awesome that you found something you could do in the dead winter season.

I work in elemenrtary schools 5 days a week and I am glad I have knitting classes otherwise I would go nuts even if I have a lot of freedom in what I do. I still miss studying tribes of the amazonian forest like I did for so many years though. How do I miss the Kayapo indians !

I am taking a permaculture workshop and a make your own cheese & yogurt workshop on Saturday. Nettle pesto and homemade cheese? I think very much so!

Woah, that was a lot of rambling. Have a good one Alice!

Anonymous said...

Found you moments ago via Lobster and Swan. I agree with Rebecca. How am I just now finding your great blog?!

I love this bag you've created. Can't wait to see what you put in your shop!