Monday, May 3, 2010

FINDS FROM THIS WEEKEND




On the way back to the car yesterday at the flea market something in the back of a vendor's truck caught my eye. A closer look revealed an old canvas/leather LL Bean duffel. He agreed to sell it to me after emptying all the fishing gear and old bottles out. I could hardly contain the excitement - I seriously daydream about moments like this.. actually coming across something you've been hoping to find for years at a fraction of what you would be willing to pay for it.

It's in almost perfect condition - just needs a clean and a few stitches reinforced. It came without a shoulder strap but I can sew one together pretty quick. So excited to put this thing to good use.

7 comments:

erin jane / atlantic treefox said...

dreamy!

Alison said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Casual Jackets said...

This is a cool bag! So vintage!

SANFORIZED said...

Killer Bag...!

STACI J GUTHRIE said...

I love it when I come across an unexpected treasure! It just makes the day more fun...

STACI J GUTHRIE said...

I love it when I come across an unexpected treasure! It just makes the day more fun...

deedledumpling said...

A fabulous find for sure!