Thursday, November 8, 2012

IT'S IN THE DETAILS..

I posted a photo of this bag in one of the below entries but I just had to come back and write another post specifically about this one cause it's pretty darn special ... 

Lately I've been having a lot of fun taking apart old aprons and incorporating a few of them together to make one bag. This particular bag is made of two aprons - one shop apron from the 1940's and one denim apron from the 1930's. The label from the denim apron was still beautifully intact so I knew that I had to somehow incorporate it into the bag and ended up carefully sewing it onto the outside pocket. The antique cotton webbing used for the handles was found in a barn by a friend of mine and I thought it was the perfect way to pull together the faded hues of both aprons. 

Hope you enjoy this bag as much as I do!
 

No comments: